STAGE 6 - FILTER TIME TRIAL CUP IN ÄÄSMÄE
In Ääsmäe, dual start team members will be marked on the starting moment - not during registration. This means that the start partners can choose which starting time they want to use. Just add your and your mate's name to different starting times and then start together at one of these starting times. It is also possible to participate individually.
Date: Wednesday, 9.06.2021
Location: The start, finish and race centre are located in Ääsmäe, in front of Ääsmäe School.
Races and distances
• Cycling 25 km (pair start) - riders will start in group of one or two cyclists at 30 second intervals
• Running 8 km - runners will start one by one at 15 second intervals
16:30 - race centre open
17:00-18:15 - issuing race numbers, starting at assigned times
18:15-18:45 - race centre closed
18:45-20:00 - issuing race numbers, starting at assigned times
21:00 - race centre closed
• To avoid traffic jams in the race centre we ask that participants park their cars in nearby parking lots or on streets that do not overlap with the race track, according to the usual parking regulations that apply there.
• Warming up on the race track during the race is prohibited. Please respect your fellow participants and let them concentrate on their race without being disturbed.
• There are trainers in the race centre that all participants can use for free. Attention: Due to the restrictions regarding to COVID-19, trainers can not be used this season.
In Ääsmäe, you can put yourself to the test both when racing in small towns and in the middle of fields and forests. The trail starts at Ääsmäe school, from where you head for a bigger road through the small town. At first, the road is quite narrow and with traffic thresholds, so it is worth being careful. After one and a half kilometers, you will reach a slightly wider road, and then after 1.3 kilometers you will finally reach the Ääsmäe-Hager road via a ring road. After that, the trail continues less technically, because intersections and pleasantly sharp turns are no longer expected. Mostly there are straight sections connected with easy curves. The turnaround point is at 12.5 kilometers, after which they head towards the finish along the same track.
• The overall best in the series will be awarded. There are no award ceremonies at separate stages.
• Consistent participation is encouraged by the Kullapada awards programme.
• Keep in mind that even though race participants have priority over other traffic on the track, most of the track is still open to cars. Participants are obliged to ensure their own safety to the best of their ability.
• Cyclists must always ride in the same direction as general traffic - cutting bends and crossing the centre line of the main road is strictly forbidden.
• Runners must always stay on the same side of the road - therefore running in the direction of traffic until the turning point and against the direction of traffic on the way back. When viewed from the starting point, this is the right side of the road. Running in the middle of the road is prohibited and runners should stay as close to the edge of the road as possible.