STAGE 3 - FILTER TIME TRIAL CUP IN ARUKÜLA
Date: Wednesday, 19.05.2021
Location: The start, finish and race centre are located at Aruküla train station.
Races and distances
• Cycling 20 km - riders will start one by one at 30 second intervals
• Running 5 km - runners start one by one at 15 second intervals
16:30 - race centre open
17:00-18:15 - issuing race numbers, starting at assigned times
18:15-18:45 - race centre closed
18:45-20:00 - issuing race numbers, starting at assigned times
21:00 - race centre closed
• To avoid traffic jams in the race centre we ask that participants park their cars in nearby parking lots and on streets that don't overlap with the race track, according to the usual parking regulations that apply there.
• Warming up on the race track is prohibited during the race. Please respect your fellow participants and let them concentrate on their race without being disturbed.
• There are trainers in the race centre that all participants can use for free. Attention: Due to the restrictions regarding to COVID-19, trainers can not be used this season
1. Gleb Karpenko, 23:56.4 (2021)
2. Norman Vahtra, 24:37.1 (2019)
3. Oskar Nisu, 25:12,3 (2019)
1. Bert Tippi, 16:20.2 (2019)
2. Janar Juhkov, 17:14.0 (2019)
3. Martin Sagaja, 18:11.2 (2019)
The race starts near the Aruküla train station on the Kostivere side of the railroad. The race centre is on the opposite side of the railroad, but both the starting ramp and finish line are on the same side so the track itself never crosses the railroad. After the start participants will ride towards Kostivere for about 6 km. There is very little traffic on this road, but there are plenty of bends and turns that will make the race interesting. After this the race track turns left and for the last 4 km before the turning point, riders will move towards Loo. This is also a calmer road with an older type of road cover. There are no potholes, but it isn't particularly smooth either since the road has not been reconstructed. The first part of the track is mainly surrounded by forests, but the next part is mostly between open fields. The turning point is at the 10th kilometre and the track is the same on the way back. Riders should keep in mind that the finish is very close to the railroad crossing. Since the railroad could be closed at any moment, everyone should slow down as soon as possible after finishing the race.
• The overall best in the series will be awarded. There are no award ceremonies at separate stages.
• Consistent participation is encouraged by the Kullapada awards programme.
• Keep in mind that even though participants have priority over other traffic on the track, most of the race track is still open to cars. Participants are obliged to ensure their own safety to the best of their ability.
• Cyclists must always ride in the same direction as general traffic - cutting bends and crossing the centre line of the main road is strictly forbidden.
• Runners must always stay on the same side of the road - therefore running in the direction of traffic until the turning point and against the direction of traffic on the way back. When viewed from the starting point, this is the right side of the road. Running in the middle of the road is forbidden and runners should stay as close to the edge of the road as possible.