STAGE 1 - FILTER TIME TRIAL CUP IN MAARDU
Date: Wednesday, 5.05.2021
Location: The start, finish and race centre are located in front of Maardu Community Centre, Karjääri 4, Maardu.
Races and distances
• Cycling 14 km - riders will start one by one at 30 second intervals
• Running 3 km - runners will start one by one at 15 second intervals
16:30 - race centre open
17:00-18:15 - issuing race numbers, starting at assigned times
18:15-18:45 - race centre closed
18:45-20:00 - issuing race numbers, starting at assigned times
21:00 - race centre closed
• To avoid traffic jams in the race centre we ask that participants park their cars in nearby parking lots or on streets that do not overlap with the race track, according to the usual parking regulations that apply there.
• Warming up on the race track is prohibited during the race. Please respect your fellow participants and allow them to concentrate on their race without being disturbed.
• There are trainers in the race centre that all participants can use for free. Attention: Due to the restrictions regarding to COVID-19, trainers can not be used this season
1. Gert Kivistik, 13:07.5 (2018)
2. Artjom Mirzojev, 13:16.0 (2019)
3. Kert Martma, 13:18.2 (2018)
1. Bert Tippi, 16:27.0 (2019)
2. Janar Juhkov, 17:00.0 (2019)
3. Tarass Snitsarenko, 19:05.8 (2019)
This is a classic there-and-back race track. The race starts in front of Maardu Rahvamaja and the starting ramp is located in the car park next to the main road. This means that in the beginning of the race there is a short winding section that will take the riders onto the main road which will lead them to Ülgase. in Ülgase the road turns left and goes down Ülgase hill - one of the largest asphalted hills in North Estonia, where the fastest riders will surely reach speeds up to 70 km/h. After the main part of the descent the track descends more gradually towards the turning point, located at Mannivavillage. After the turning point the riders will have to face the same hill again, but this time it will be a challenging climb. The road cover on the whole track is rough, and there are some major potholes. The finish is also located in the town of Maardu.
• The overall best in the series will be awarded. There are no award ceremonies at separate stages.
• Consistent participation is encouraged by the Kullapada awards programme.
• Keep in mind that even though the participants have priority over other traffic on the race track, most of the track is still open to cars. Participants are obliged to ensure their own safety to the best of their ability.
• Cyclists must always ride in the same direction as general traffic - cutting bends and crossing the centre line of the main road is strictly forbidden.
• Runners must always stay on the same side of the road - therefore running in the direction of traffic until the turning point and against the direction of traffic on the way back. When viewed from the starting point, this is the right side of the road. Running in the middle of the road is prohibited and runners should stay as close to the edge of the road as possible.