STAGE 5 - FILTER TIME TRIAL CUP IN VIIMSI
Date: Wednesday, 2.06.2021
Location: The start, finish and race centre are located in Viimsi at the foot of Lubja hill.
Races and distances
• Cycling 14 km - riders will start one by one at 30 second intervals
• Running 7 km - runners start one by one at 15 second intervals
16:30 - race centre open
17:00-18:15 - issuing race numbers, starting at assigned times
18:15-18:45 - race centre closed
18:45-20:00 - issuing race numbers, starting at assigned times
21:00 - race centre closed
The Viimsi race track is on good asphalt road between Lubja hill and Randvere. It is a there-and-back race, but two roundabouts on the track make it more interesting. In the very beginning and therefore also the end, cyclists must cross the Lubja roundabout because the race centre is in a parking lot away from the main road. The turning point of the track is also on a roundabout - the Randvere roundabout that is large enough to allow for much higher speeds than the usual U-turn turning point. The race track profile also adds some excitement. There are no long difficult climbs, but the Viimsi race track is definitely not flat either.
• To avoid traffic jams around the race centre we ask that participants park their cars in nearby parking lots or on streets that do not overlap with the race track, according to the usual parking regulations that apply there.
• Warming up on the race track during the race is forbidden. Please respect your fellow participants and let them concentrate on their race without being disturbed.
• There are trainers in the race centre that all participants can use for free. Attention: Due to the restrictions regarding to COVID-19, trainers can not be used this season.
1. Artjom Mirzojev, 17:10.4 (2020)
2. Antti Jussi Juntunen, 17:10.6 (2020)
3. Rait Ärm, 17:17.1 (2020)
1. Bert Tippi, 22:29.0 (2020)
2. Janar Juhkov, 22:40.8 (2020)
3. Aleksandr Kuleshov, 22:41 (2021)
• The overall best in the series will be awarded. There are no award ceremonies at separate stages.
• Consistent participation is encouraged by the Kullapada awards programme.
• Keep in mind that even though race participants have priority over other traffic on the track, most of the track is still open to cars. Participants are obliged to ensure their own safety to the best of their ability.
• Cyclists must always ride in the same direction as general traffic - cutting bends and crossing the centre line of the main road is strictly forbidden.
• Runners must always stay on the same side of the road - therefore running in the direction of traffic until the turning point and against the direction of traffic on the way back. When viewed from the starting point, this is the right side of the road. Running in the middle of the road is forbidden and runners should stay as close to the edge of the road as possible.